Burn Days are Back

Burn Days are Back

Chief Steve McClintock has announced that burning is once again allowed on permissive burn days.  Burns permits ARE REQUIRED.  And yes, you can get your burn permit at the Mi Wuk Sugar Pine Fire Station 77 on Highway 108 in Sugar Pine.  Permits are available Monday through Friday, during business hours.

Burn permits are required each fire season by Cal Fire.

To ascertain if the days is a permissive burn day, please call the appropriate number below:

  • Calaveras County residents – (209) 754-6600
  • Tuolumne County residents – (209) 533-5598
  • Amador County Burn Day hot line – (209) 223-6246

During Extreme Fire Danger Conditions 

  • Don’t mow or trim dry grass on windy days
  • Never pull your vehicle over in dry grass
  • Target shoot only in approved areas, use lead ammunition only, and never at metal
  • Check and obey burn bans
  • Ensure campfires are allowed, and if so, be sure to extinguish them completely
  • Report any suspicious activities to prevent arson, see something – say something

Permits are also available during business hours Monday through Friday at the following Tuolumne County locations:

  • Twain Harte FFS, 22978 Meadow Drive, Twain Harte
  • Standard FFS, 18464 Striker Court, Sonora
  • Station 51, 19500 Hillsdale Drive, Mono Village, Sonora
  • Green Springs FFS, 11600 Jamestown Road, Jamestown
  • Groveland FFS, 11700 Merrell Rd, Groveland
  • Groveland CSD, 18930 Highway 120, Groveland

Proceed with caution.

blythe fall signature

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *