Thanks to the Mi Wuk residents who came out for this afternoon’s Holiday Gathering, aka Christmas Party.
Good food and good fun!
We are so lucky to have a warm, cozy and friendly facility in our neighborhood that serves as both an independent library with lots of books and DVDs to check out and a community center to accommodate groups, meetings and parties.
I only took two photos (busy yapping) but I know I’ll be getting some from a few others who were there. I’ll post them when I get them.
We tried something new this year by having a “Let’s Get Acquainted” questionnaire. Each willing participant got a questionnaire — that was almost everyone — and then had to ask at least five people one of eleven questions.
- What were you doing five years ago?
- What don’t most people know about you?
- Do you still have logs on your property?
- Have you ever won anything?
- How many sibling do you have? How many do you talk to?
- Have you ever been outside the U.S.? Where?
- Who’s your most famous relative?
- Why’d you purchase a cabin up here?
- Where’d you meet your spouse or significant other?
- What’s you favorite sports team?
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
Feel free to answer any of those questions in the comment section! It’s a fun way to get to know each other.
Filled-in- (five or more answers) questionnaires were drawn from a basket and six (or was it seven) people won door prizes ranging from poinsettias, a wreath, a lovely piece of Christmas décor (lighted and decorated 8x8x4 clear block) and an overflowing gift box.
A large ‘trash’ can was filled with canned goods for Interfaith Community Services.
It was fun afternoon and I hope you’ll consider joining us next year if you’re in the neighborhood.Leave a comment