Well folks, our wishes have come true. We have snow and lots of it. 6:30 this morning:
- A major limb fell off of a tree on Wuyu Court and power was out for several homes. It may be restored by this morning.
- There was an outage of about 155 cabins in Strawberry. Still out as of 6 p.m. yesterday.
- Plows began to clear the ancillary roads in Mi Wuk yesterday and will have to start from ground zero again today. These are large yellow tractors with a blade–but not the large dozer.
- One foot of snow was forecast for overnight (I think we got it!) with less winds than Thursday.
What can YOU do?
- Check on your neighbors, especially elderly ones. Check them by phone or by going to the door. Make sure they have enough food and medications.
- Unless you need to go out, don’t. Just stay off the roads.
From MyMotherlode.com: Snow showers have decreased in coverage and intensity this morning, but will increase again this afternoon. These showers will continue into the evening, with lingering, lighter mountain snow possible overnight into Sunday.
Some snow may fall to as low as the 1,500 feet elevation, with more significant snow accumulations above 2,500 feet. Snow could be heavy at times with thunder and lightning. Plan on difficult travel conditions and significant reductions in visibility at times.
Cal Trans Mountain Road Report:
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM 6 MI EAST OF SONORA TO EAST TWAIN HARTE (TUOLUMNE CO)
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM 6.7 MI WEST OF LONG BARN TO 7.2 MI EAST OF STRAWBERRY (TUOLUMNE CO)
This report tells me that Hwy 108 has been pretty well plowed between East Twain Harte and 6.7 miles West of Long Barn. That would just about be the Mi Wuk area I think.
Be safe. Send photos if you have some goodies. Ask questions.Leave a comment