As a Mi Wuk or Sugar Pine property owner, did you receive your copy of the Smoke Signals in your mailbox this past week? Smoke Signals is published quarterly but only the August issue is sent to all property owners. The November, February and May issues are sent the those who are member of MAHA: Mi Wuk Area Homeowners Association. Membership Cost? A whopping $30.
What do you receive for your $30?
- The Smoke Signals newsletter
- Promoting individual and collective interests of our area
- Coordination and announcement of local activities, such as the Annual Easter Egg Hunt for kids 10 and under, two annual ‘open to the public’ meetings, one in September (coming up soon–first Saturday after Labor Day–September 10th, 10 a.m.) and the other in April, a Holiday Gathering (aka Christmas Party) held in the Community Center in early December
- Information, in the Smoke Signals, from local ‘dignitaries’ such as our County Supervisor, Evan Royce, Tracie Riggs from the Tuolumne County Office of Emergency Services (OES), updates from the MWSP Fire Protection District Fire Chief as well as the Fire Auxiliary, updates from the Mi-Wok Ranger District and from the US Forest Service advertisements from various local businesses (even mine of the back page), Neighborhood Watch information, calendar of upcoming events. And probably more.
- A listing of Local Business and “Necessary” phone numbers.
I like to be informed and that’s a large part of what MAHA does for me: it keeps me informed. AND it keeps me part of my community. There’s a membership form (for renewing and new members) in this August issue of Smoke Signals.
Leave a comment